How to Install Durastrong Sky-Scapes
Sky-Scapes® diffusers measure 23 3/4” x 47 3/4” and are sized to drop into the frame of a standard 2’ x 4’ fluorescent light. Newer light fixtures measure 22 5/8” x 46 3/4” and our panel must be cut to fit the light fixture. Cutting our Durastrong® plastic is easy! All you have to do is make a hefty score with a utility knife, then break the panel on your line. If you scored the panel enough, it will break. If you did not score it enough, it simply will not break.
1. Turn off fluorescent light. Using a step ladder to reach the fluorescent light, pull tabs to unlock frame as if to change the bulbs.
2. The frame is hinged on one side. Gently lower frame, and remove from ceiling.
3. If there are springs/clips holding diffuser in place remove them by gently prying them out with a screwdriver.
Note: Not all diffusers have springclips
4. Using a screwdriver, remove screw on one end of frame to open channel. There are many different types of frames. Some may have tabs that hold frames together; these tabs need to be bent back to remove diffuser.
5. Slide exsisting diffuser out of frame.
Caution: the old diffuser might be very brittle or have sharp edges.
6. Measure exsisting diffuser and cut Sky-Scapes® diffuser to fit your existing fluorescent fixture.
Tip: use the old diffuser as a template for cutting new Sky-Scapes® Place old diffuser on top of your new Sky-Scapes® adjusting for best crop of design. Trace around old diffuser onto new Sky-Scapes®
7. Remove the protective sheet from the back of the new Sky-Scape®. Always cut the Sky-Scape® print side up the think ink must be cut with the blade to avoid peeling. Durastrong can be scored with a hand held cutting tool. Heavily score printed side of the durastong several times. Place the score side up laying it flat on the table’s edge and snap the plastic down creating a clean finished edge. If you didn’t cut score deep enough, it simply will not break along score line; however, if your knife slips, it will break where your knife has cut.
8. With image side out facing toward the room, slide new Sky-Scape® into frame.
9. Replace the end of the frame and replace the screws. Replace the springs.
10. Attach the frame back on the hinged side and swing into place and lock. Turn on fluorescent light.